Thursday 3 October 2013

Summer/Autumn Update

I am well overdue for a new post on my blog. So much has been going on it is untrue. Without even going into my month long stay in Calif to see family and friends, my Dandy Lion Market has kept me well busy. I was prompted to update you all when uploading this gorgeous surface designer, Ursula O'Connor's wares. Surely I've seen her products in Paperchase, and if not, why not? Feast your eyes on this collection of beauties.


The September 'Back to School' edition of the Dandy was slightly undermined by Kentish Town Road works, causing a reduction in road and foot traffic. So unfair with all the work that goes into each event by me and the traders. As always, it was an episode not to be missed, as each one is different and special. Here's a few highlights!

Solace Designs
The Oxford and their fine fare.

Wunderbar Vintage
Tilia Teas
Me! 
Retro Girl and Molly's Vintage

Vivienne trying on a very fetching purple blazer
Katten Bags and Lil Brodie
Gorgeous Vintage
Hannah Luxton
Lipstick Lense



House of Dalrimple
Rumbaleena

Don't Look Now

It's always nice when friends visit!

CLJAS
Erik, my eldest, having a break from flyering!





















The rest of September saw me try 2 different markets, Portabello Rocks and The Vintage Home Show London. Katie Ingham, of I Love Markets, organised this as the first of a series of Pop-Ups placed along the annex road of Portobello Road Market. I've never done a famous street market before. Aidan helped me set up in a Gazebo pitch which was really crucial for Vintage Fashion and the pretty wet day that ensued. It was really fun, though and another opportunity to show my newly acquired USA collection of Vintage clothing, shoes, jewellery and collectibles. I also got to install the fab patched drape cover I put together a few years ago.





And the lovely coffee van at Portobello Green.









I had a great day sales wise, and enjoyed being placed between Katie and her partner on one side, who are expecting their first baby any day now, and an old friend Tania on the other side. Some very stylish and cool visitors came and visited my little boutique. It was a long day and a wet day, but I'm glad I tried it. I have wimped out of doing anymore until the weather picks up again next spring. I'm just not cut out for standing all day on cold and damp cobblestone!

Vintage fashion has become my passion, and it usually does best with sales, but since discovering Judy's Vintage Furniture Flea, and the quite new Vintage Home Show London, I have found a good platform for selling my bric-a-brac. They are reasonably priced considering the amount of publicity they get, followers they have and space you get. The entry price was a bit steep at £5 for trade, and £4 for general public. Since the Flea was last spring, I won't go back that far in time, and will instead share a bit about the Home Show. It was well organised, and set in the stunning Chiswick Town Hall, opposite Turnham Green, in West London. Nice and warm and dry, with good lighting and a nice placement in front of the stage, I was in my element. There was a glut of mid-century modern, which I love, but in my mind isn't everyone's cup of tea, so I was glad I had something different to offer. I didn't do too badly, which after speaking to many other traders wasn't the general experience. A good few said they wouldn't do it again, but I will!















Back to the present and the up and coming Dandy, it has been a tricky month to fill which seems to be typical for this month. But, it's on with the show whatever happens! Hope to see you there!


No comments: