Friday 29 June 2012

Getting ready for the joint Torriano Summer Festival Fair

Preparations are very focused now for the Team organising my son and his infant schools' joint Summer Fair. Also titled 'Festival' (interesting, eh?), there will be lots of fun games and activities, food and drink. I have offered to help on the craft stall, my fav one to do, and thought I'd share my progress with you.



A teacher is making a big tree and they wanted the children to decorate birds to put on it, so I found a selection of bird silhouettes on the web, treated them on photo shop and voila!  instant outlines of birds for cutting out. Printed on lots of different colours of paper, I think they look rather nice. They have holes punch so strings can be tied and then used to hang them in the tree. Next step is trying to find/dig out  my school craft embellishments so I can make a few samples, which I will bring along, too. And then next Saturday spend a mad couple hours helping a couple hundred kids make their hand decorated birds to show off and take home!

Watch this space for the sample embellished ones. Must go now and get ready for our little trip up north to catch The Stone Roses at Heaton Park!

No comments: